Levi’s 511 Commuter Jeans, No Seriously
Designed for the commuting cyclist and detailed with multiple high-performance features, our new 511™ Commuter Jean combines form and function. Using our most popular skinny fit in stretch fabric, we have added a utility waistband, 3M™ reflectivity, a hidden cell phone pocket, water-repellent NanoSphere® nanotechnology, antimicrobial Sanitized® technology, and additional reinforcement throughout.
- Stretch fabric provides mobility and comfort; water-repellent NanoSphere® nanotechnology and antimicrobial Sanitized® technology
- Utility waistband specifically designed for U-lock storage; higher back rise offers more coverage
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective tape on interior cuffs provides the visibility of 500 candles
- Reinforced belt loops, double-layer back pockets, and seat
- 98% Cotton, 2% Elastane, 11.5 oz. – Imported
Fit & Sizing
- Skinny Fit
- Sits below waist, 10 1/8” front rise
- Skinny, 14 3/4″ leg opening
- Measurements are based on a size 32W x 32L
Cheap marketing ploy or not, the added reflective element is a welcome improvement, so is the additional water proofing. I’m not sure about carrying a U-lock on my person, but I’m sure there are others who would.
I think this is an innovative idea and hope it catches on. Maybe they’ll make some for us fat guys who don’t fit so well in skinny jeans. I bet I could fit in the jacket at least, and be more illuminated at night. Go here for more.
Better yet watch their promotional video:
Latest posts by Christopher Curnutt (see all)
- Mr Landrum goes to Lake Tahoe - August 15, 2014
- The Stop and Photograph the Roses ride May 10th, 11am - April 28, 2014
- Two Men and a Bike and a Camera - April 27, 2014