Dallas Cycle Chic Is Happening – And Eno’s Tonight
Saturday April 8th:
The 8 Days of Dallas Cycle Chic began yesterday with the 2011 Cyclist Census where photographers were located in several spots around Dallas taking photos of people on bikes and asking what makes them ride. The Dallas Morning News even published front page article about it that you can read here.
I was one of the photographers and I worked the Valley View park location which is the north entrance to the White Rock Creek trail. It was a fun learning experience. Here are a few lessons I picked up:
1) A guy approaching complete strangers in a public park and asking if he can take their photo – not so good.
2) A cute woman doing the same – works every time.
3) Try to manhandle a clipboard, pen, instructions, get them to sign a release, give verbal details, camera, pose subjects, all by yourself? Bad idea.
4) Bring or recruit an assistant (see #2).
I had a great time taking photos and meeting local cyclists. Many of them had read about the event in the Dallas Morning News and came for the sole purpose of having their mug shot taken and views included in the project. Thanks to those who participated and a SUPER SIZED THANK YOU to Susan Reeves for staying the whole time and helping me so much.
Oh, and thanks to the Biker Chicks of Dallas for not only participating but also hanging out with Susan and I and being so much fun!
Sunday April 10th:
Remember the “Dallas Rides” photo contest sponsored by Photopol.us and Bike Friendly Oak Cliff? Well we sure do. Tonight they are showing the finalists at Eno’s Pizza Tavern (407 N. Bishop Ave) between 7pm-10pm. Get this – two of my photos were chosen and will be shown. How crazy is that? I’ll be there tonight so drop by and say hello.
So, Day 2 of Dallas Cycle Chic and things are looking awesomeness.
Latest posts by Christopher Curnutt (see all)
- Follow Us On Facebook - October 2, 2016
- Mr Landrum goes to Lake Tahoe - August 15, 2014
- The Stop and Photograph the Roses ride May 10th, 11am - April 28, 2014