Bike Month 2013
Are you ready for Bike Month? Shockingly enough… it’s already here! (Where did April go??)
There’s some great local activities being lined up to celebrate this annual event. The biggest one, of course, is Bike to Work Day on May 17th. This year, DART is leading the charge to provide some handy recharge stations all the way from Plano to downtown Dallas.
Along with Bike to Work Day, May also kicks off the National Bike Challenge. Log your miles from May to September as part of a team (there’s lots of local teams!) and compete for various prizes throughout the summer. To see more about all of that, check out the National Bike Challenge website.
Bike Month Events
- May 7 – Frisco Bike Month Proclamation
- May 7 – The Colony Bike Month Proclamation
- May 10 – 11 – CyclingSavvy DFW workshop
- May 19 – Inaugural Greater Dallas 100 ride
Bike to Work Day Events
- Dallas Bike Works recharge station on White Rock Creek Trail
- DART & BikeDFW Energizer Stations
- Bike Friendly Oak Cliff energizer station at Jefferson St Viaduct Cycletrack
As we learn details of more activities, we will update this post! Feel free to comment below with any other events going on.